Clinical Practice - Novice
ENA recognizes that emergency nursing is not one size fits all and that the path from a student to an experienced ED leader is a journey. As the trusted leader in emergency nursing education, ENA is your partner to help you plan and achieve the career you want.
The Novice pathway includes comprehensive continuing education designed specifically for the new nurse in the emergency department.
This tailored education package addresses the educational needs of a novice nurse by providing the foundational knowledge and initial competencies in caring for pediatric, adult and geriatric emergency department patients.
What's included: the Clinical Practice-Novice Pathway includes mentorship, ENA membership and 14 educational offerings that includes up to 25.75 accredited continuing education covering three primary content categories: Clinical, Professional and Well-Being. Pricing: Member - $340; Nonmember - $440 (includes a one-year ENA membership)
- Introduction to Trauma, Caring for Adult Patients
- Introduction to Trauma, Caring for Pediatric Patients
- GENE Level I – Introduction to Geriatrics
- The Emergency Severity Index (ESI)
- Managing Adult Behavioral Health in the Emergency Department
- Management of Pediatric Behavioral Health Disorders in the ED
- Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI)
- The ED Nurse’s Role in a Disaster
- Medication Administration Considerations for Special Patient Populations
- Structural Racism in Healthcare
- In Case of Emergency Study Guide
Mentorship (included with pathway)
The Mentoring Program reflects ENA's commitment to your professional development. This member-exclusive online networking and career development tool helps you find and connect with others in emergency nursing.
Click here to learn more
ENA Membership (1-year ENA membership included with nonmember pricing)
Leverage the collective knowledge of more than 50,000 emergency nursing peers to support your profession and strengthen your practice as an ENA member. The wide variety of benefits are focused on strengthening your knowledge through education, networking, and advocacy.
Click here to learn more about the benefits of ENA membership