Clinical Practice - Competent
ENA recognizes that emergency nursing is not one size fits all and that the path from a student to an experienced ED leader is a journey. As the trusted leader in emergency nursing education, ENA is your partner to help you plan and achieve the career you want.
The Competent Pathway includes a wide range of instruction developed specifically for the ED nurse who is no longer new and has experience in patient care within the emergency department. This pathway includes topics that build on existing nursing knowledge to reach a higher level of emergency nursing expertise and growth. ENA's competent Pathways courses, as well as TNCC and ENPC, augment clinical experience and support emergency nurses in achieving clinical competence.
What's included: the Clinical Practice-Competent Pathway includes mentorship, ENA membership and 11 educational offerings that includes up to 42.75 accredited continuing education covering three primary content categories: Clinical, Professional and Well-Being. Pricing: Member - $425; Nonmember - $525 (includes a one-year ENA membership)
- Course in Advanced Trauma Nursing (CATN), 2nd Edition
- GENE (Geriatric Emergency Nursing Education) Level II
- GENE (Geriatric Emergency Nursing Education) Level III
- Emergency Severity Index-Pediatric 2.0 Course (ESI)
- Medication Administration for the Experienced ED Nurse
- CEN Online Review
- Understanding the Impact of Bias and Stereotypes in Health Care
- In Case of Emergency Study Guide
- Introduction to ED Precepting
- Workplace Violence Prevention
- Healthy Coping Mechanisms II
ENA Membership (1-year ENA membership included with nonmember pricing)
Leverage the collective knowledge of more than 50,000 emergency nursing peers to support your profession and strengthen your practice as an ENA member. The wide variety of benefits are focused on strengthening your knowledge through education, networking, and advocacy.
Click here to learn more about the benefits of ENA membership
Mentorship (included with pathway)
The Mentoring Program reflects ENA's commitment to your professional development. This member-exclusive online networking and career development tool helps you find and connect with others in emergency nursing.
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED RESOURCES
(not included the pathway package)