Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC)
ENPC, 5th Edition, emphasizes the importance of accurately assessing a child with acute illness or injury. The course is designed to provide the core-level pediatric knowledge and skills needed to properly assess and implement evidence-based interventions to improve outcomes for this high-risk patient population.
Accurate assessment of a child with acute illness or injury requires special knowledge and skills. This course, taught by qualified nurses, is designed to provide the core-level pediatric knowledge and skills needed to properly assess and implement evidence-based interventions to improve outcomes for this high-risk patient population.
Here’s a glimpse into what you’ll learn:
- The latest pediatric emergency nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and application of care
- Education that can be applied to every pediatric patient you treat
- Virtual courses now available
A variety of learning methodologies are included to cater to every learning style, including:
- Online modules
- Instructor-led classroom discussions and skill stations
Manual: The 5th Edition provides fundamental pediatric emergency nursing content with expanded information including dermatologic and environmental emergencies, human trafficking, food allergies and more. A valuable resource for future reference!
Online modules: Online modules with links to additional information are provided prior to the course date to let you learn at your own pace, apply what you learn and receive immediate feedback, and refer back to information at any time. The modules are a complete case study process — taking you through an entire sequence of care.
Instructor-led classroom discussions and skills stations: ENPC is one and a half days of interactive, in-person classroom learning that includes skill stations, games and other interactive exercises.
Electronic testing: NEW! Electronic, open-book testing allows you to test in an environment that makes you most comfortable. No more test anxiety!
Why is ENA's ENPC the right course for you?
- Evidence-based content developed by pediatric nursing experts
- Curriculum designed specifically for nurses
- The education you learn can be applied to every pediatric patient you treat
- Course content is updated regularly as pediatric care evolves
- Four-year, internationally recognized verification as an ENPC provider is earned upon successful completion
- Increase your confidence in emergency pediatric patient care
- ENPC courses are available year-round at locations conveniently located near you
- Earn 18.25 CNE hours
- Participants must be a registered nurse who possesses a current unrestricted nursing license to receive verification.
- Licensed practical nurses and paramedics are eligible to attend all portions of the course and obtain CNE hours, but are not eligible for provider status verification.
The Emergency Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Provider Unit No. P0232
The Emergency Nurses Association is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #2322.