Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC)
ENPC, 6th Edition, is now available! Instructors are prepping to begin teaching ENPC, 6th Edition, with the new provider manual that is patient-presentation based, focusing on recognizing normal and abnormal findings and appropriate interventions. Here are a few highlights of the changes:
- The addition of "The Child with a Rash" and "The Child with Special Health Care Needs"
- The reintroduction of a chapter on trauma, "The Child with an Injury"
- "The Child in Need of Stabilization" will include resuscitation and critically ill presentations
ENPC, 6th Edition, courses will be added as they become available to the course listings.
The course is designed to provide the core-level pediatric knowledge and skills needed to properly assess and implement evidence-based interventions to improve outcomes for this high-risk patient population.
Accurate assessment of a child with acute illness or injury requires special knowledge and skills. This course, taught by qualified nurses, is designed to provide the core-level pediatric knowledge and skills needed to properly assess and implement evidence-based interventions to improve outcomes for this high-risk patient population.
Here’s a glimpse into what you’ll learn:
- The latest pediatric emergency nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and application of care
- Education that can be applied to every pediatric patient you treat
- Virtual courses now available
A variety of learning methodologies are included to cater to every learning style, including:
- Online modules
- Instructor-led classroom discussions and skill stations
- Virtual courses available!
Manual: The manual provides fundamental pediatric emergency nursing content with expanded information including dermatologic and environmental emergencies, human trafficking, food allergies and more. A valuable resource for future reference!
Pre-course learning: Include s access to required online modules prior to the course date to let you learn at your own pace, apply what you learn, and receive immediate feedback. Modules include a step-by-step breakdown of the Pediatric Nursing Process and a comprehensive study guide.
Instructor-led classroom discussions and skills stations: ENPC is typically delivered over one and a half days. Live, in-person or virtual classroom learning includes skill stations, group discussion, and other interactive exercises.
Electronic testing: Electronic, open-book testing allows you to test in an environment that makes you most comfortable. No more test anxiety!
Why is ENA's ENPC the right course for you?
- Evidence-based content developed by pediatric nursing experts.
- Curriculum designed specifically for nurses.
- • Education that can be applied to every pediatric patient you treat.
- Course content is updated regularly as pediatric care evolves.
- Four-year, internationally recognized verification as an ENPC provider is earned upon successful completion.
- Increase your confidence in emergency pediatric patient care.
- ENPC courses are available year-round at locations conveniently located near you.
- Earn 18.25 CNE hours
- Participants must be a registered nurse to receive verification.
- Licensed practical nurses and paramedics are eligible to attend all portions of the course and obtain CNE hours, but are not eligible for provider status verification.
The Emergency Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Provider Unit No. P0232
The Emergency Nurses Association is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #2322.