Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
TNCC, 8th Edition, prepares emergency nurses for life-threatening trauma cases when every second counts. The course gives you the knowledge, critical thinking skills and training needed to provide high-quality trauma nursing care.
Every second counts when stabilizing life-threatening trauma cases. This course, taught by qualified nurses, prepares you with the knowledge, critical thinking skills and training needed to provide high-quality, trauma nursing care. After completing this course, you will be able to properly assess and implement evidence-based interventions to improve outcomes for your patients.
Here’s a glimpse into what you’ll learn:
- The latest trauma nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and application of care
- Rapid identification of life-threatening injuries
TNCC, 8th Edition
TNCC, 8th Edition, supports your clinical skill development! The latest edition offers exciting new features and a dynamic course structure for engaging learning.
- Virtual learning module
- Interactive teaching strategies
- Electronic, open-book testing - No more test anxiety!
- Updated evidence-based provider manual
- One-and-a-half-day course
- 18.25 CNE hours
- Virtual courses available
A variety of learning methodologies are included to cater to every learning style, including:
- Online modules
- Instructor-led classroom discussions and skill stations
Manual: The latest edition of the TNCC Provider Manual includes evidence-based content developed by trauma emergency experts. The 24-chapter, comprehensive manual is a compilation of current trauma nursing standards and a valuable resource for future reference.
Online modules: Online modules with links to additional information are provided prior to the course date to let you learn at your own pace, apply what you learn and receive immediate feedback, and refer back to information at any time. The modules are a complete case study process — taking you through an entire sequence of care.
Live simulation: TNCC includes training using both an individual and team approach. Trauma nursing process skills stations offer you the opportunity to practice trauma patient assessments and interventions in a controlled environment.
Instructor-led classroom discussions and skills stations: TNCC is a one-and-a-half-day intensive course taught by expert instructors.
TNCC Fast Track course option is now available! TNCC Fast Track is an abbreviated version of TNCC, 8th Edition. It was developed for nurses who need to renew their TNCC verification card and are more comfortable with independent study. These students will attend a portion of the didactic instruction and take the same skill station and online exam assessment required for course completion. A four-year verification card is awarded upon successful course completion.
Why is ENA's TNCC the right course for you?
- Evidence-based content developed by trauma nursing experts
- Curriculum designed specifically for nurses
- Course content is updated regularly as trauma care evolves
- Four-year, internationally recognized verification as a TNCC provider is earned upon successful completion
- Increase your confidence in trauma patient care
- TNCC courses are available year-round at locations conveniently located near you
- Earn 18.25 CNE hours
- Participants must be a registered nurse who possesses a current unrestricted nursing license to receive verification.
- Licensed practical nurses and paramedics are eligible to attend all portions of the course and obtain CNE hours, but are not eligible for provider status verification.
The Emergency Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Provider Unit No. P0232
The Emergency Nurses Association is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #2322.