Eligible applicants include nurses pursuing an associate's or baccalaureate degree in nursing: Rescue workers (pre-hospital care providers, firefighters and police officers) and emergency department employees (including but not limited to emergency medical technicians, clerical coordinators, CNAs, registration clerks, etc.).
*For the purposes of eligibility, "children" are defined as natural, legally adopted, stepchildren or grandchildren.
Non-RN Scholarships Available: ENA Foundation Scholarship for Emergency Department Workers; Gil & Billie Gillespie Memorial Scholarship; New York State ENA September 11 Scholarship (Rescue Workers) Endowed Scholarship; Richard Wynkoop Memorial Endowed Scholarship (for active military or veterans).
- Applicants do NOT need to be a current member of ENA
- A minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Applicants must be attending a NLN, AACN or CCNE accredited institution and must provide verification of the institution's current accreditation
- Two letters of recommendation
- One letter must be from a current ENA member in good standing
- Applicants who are current emergency department employees must also provide one letter of reference from your emergency department nurse director/manager stating the applicant's interest in emergency nursing
- Previous Non-RN scholarship recipients are ineligible to reapply for a Non-RN scholarship
- ENA members having served in the immediate past three (3) years on the ENA Board of Directors, ENA Foundation Board of Trustees or ENA Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee are ineligible to apply
- The current members of the ENA Board of Directors, ENA Foundation Board of Trustees, ENA Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee as well as the individuals that have served in such positions in the immediate past three (3) years and the spouses and children* of all such individuals are ineligible to apply