To further advance the profession of emergency nursing, the ENA Foundation proudly offers educational scholarships annually. Scholarship offerings include academic scholarships, available for members and non-members seeking education ranging from associate to doctoral degrees, and conference scholarships for members interested in attending ENA’s largest educational event: Emergency Nursing annual conference.
2019 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION SUBMISSION PERIODS
- International Conference Scholarships: February 11 - March 29 (download eligibility requirements below)
- Academic Scholarships: March 1 - April 28 (see eligibility requirements below)
- U.S. Conference Scholarships: April 1 - May 15 (download eligibility requirements below)
ENA understands the impact emergency nurses have on communities worldwide. With more than $420,000 in scholarship funding availalable for 2019, ENA Foundation is a dedicated resource for nurses seeking to further their education. Let us help make your future possible. Scholarship opportunities are available for:
- Applicants at any degree level, from associate's to doctoral
- A diverse funding range: $1,000 - $10,000
- Members and non-members
- Applicants who meet eligibility and submission procedure requirements (see drop down menus below)
ENA CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIPS (INTERNATIONAL)
The 2019 Conference Scholarship for International Applicants will provide funding for recipients to attend ENA's Emergency Nursing annual conference in Austin, TX, September 29-October 2, 2019. Interested in applying to the International Conference Scholarship?
Eligibility Requirements for International Scholarships
- Applicants must live and work in a country outside the United States
- Previous conference scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply
- Members already receiving funding from national associations, state councils or chapters are ineligible
- ENA members having served in the immediate past three years on the ENA board of directors, ENA Foundation board of trustees, or the ENA Foundation scholarship selection committee are ineligible to apply.
CLICK HERE for complete eligibility and submission procedures for International Conference Scholarships.
ENA CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIPS (U.S.)
The 2019 Conference Scholarship for U.S. Applicants will provide funding for recipients to attend ENA's Emergency Nursing annual conference in Austin, TX, September 29-October 2, 2019. Interested in applying to the U.S. Conference Scholarship?
- Applicants must be an ENA member. Not a member? JOIN now!
- Funds will cover the full-conference registration fee for Emergency Nursing 2019
- Learn more about Emergency Nursing 2019 HERE
CLICK HERE for complete eligibility and submission procedures for ENA Conference Scholarships (U.S.).
APPLY TO A SCHOLARSHIP
APPLY TO A SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarship List by Donor
ENA Foundation Academic Scholarships
Eligible applicants include nurses pursuing an associate's or baccalaureate degree in nursing: Rescue workers (pre-hospital care providers, firefighters and police officers) and emergency department employees (including but not limited to emergency medical technicians, clerical coordinators, CNAs, registration clerks, etc.).
*For the purposes of eligibility, "children" are defined as natural, legally adopted, stepchildren or grandchildren.
Non-RN Scholarships Available: ENA Foundation Scholarship for Emergency Department Workers; Gil & Billie Gillespie Memorial Scholarship; New York State ENA September 11 Scholarship (Rescue Workers) Endowed Scholarship; Richard Wynkoop Memorial Endowed Scholarship (for active military or veterans).
- Applicants do NOT need to be a current member of ENA
- A minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Applicants must be attending a NLN, AACN or CCNE accredited institution and must provide verification of the institution's current accreditation
- Two letters of recommendation
- One letter must be from a current ENA member in good standing
- Applicants who are current emergency department employees must also provide one letter of reference from your emergency department nurse director/manager stating the applicant's interest in emergency nursing
- Previous Non-RN scholarship recipients are ineligible to reapply for a Non-RN scholarship
- ENA members having served in the immediate past three (3) years on the ENA Board of Directors, ENA Foundation Board of Trustees or ENA Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee are ineligible to apply
- The current members of the ENA Board of Directors, ENA Foundation Board of Trustees, ENA Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee as well as the individuals that have served in such positions in the immediate past three (3) years and the spouses and children* of all such individuals are ineligible to apply
Interested in contributing to a scholarship, or question about the application process? Contact ENA Foundation at 847.460.4100 or email@example.com.