Academy of Emergency Nursing
The Academy of Emergency Nursing was established by the Emergency Nurses Association on September 28, 2004 to honor emergency nurses who:
- Have made enduring, substantial contributions to emergency nursing
- Advance the profession of emergency nursing, including the healthcare system in which emergency nursing is delivered
- Provide visionary leadership to ENA and AEN
The body of work left by AEN Fellows goes well beyond being an outstanding nurse and a devoted ENA member. To date, more than 150 extraordinary emergency nurses have been inducted into the AEN and proudly list FAEN as one of their professional credentials.
Directory of Fellows
AEN Fellows attending Emergency Nursing 2018 can find more information about AEN activities in Pittsburgh in the events section of the Fellows Online Community (login required).
AEN Fellows Community
2019 Call for Academy of Emergency Nursing Board Candidates
The Academy of Emergency Nursing is now accepting candidates to serve on the board. One Member-at-Large two-year term position is open for 2019 (January 2019-December 2020). Applications must be submitted online by 12:00 pm CT on October 10, 2018.
Current Academy Fellows can access the application via the button below (login required). Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to 2019 AEN Board
AEN 2018 Board
ChairpersonNancy Denke, DNP, ACNP, CEN, FAEN
Chairperson-elect Stephen Stapleton, PhD, MS, RN, CEN, FAEN
Members at Large
Garrett K. Chan, PhD, APRN, CNS, CEN, FAEN
Nicholas A. Chmielewski, MSN, RN, CEN, CNML, NE-BC, FAEN
Vicki Patrick, MS, RN, CEN, ACNP-BC, FAEN
If you would like to contact an AEN Board member, please email email@example.com.
Congratulations to the following emergency nurses who will be inducted into the Academy of Emergency Nursing during the Emergency Nursing 2018 conference:
- Barbra Bachmeier, JD, MSN, RN, NP-C
- Mary Jo Cerepani, DNP, FNP-BC, CEN
- Eric Christensen, RN, BSN, CEN, CPEN
- Sharon Coffey, DNP, RN, CRNP, ACNS-BC, CEN
- Alison Day, PhD, MSc, BSc(Hons), RN (UK)
- Pamela Fox, RN, BSN, CEN, CPEN
- Elizabeth Mizerek, MSN, RN, CEN
- Patricia Normandin, DNP, RN, CEN, CPN, CPEN
- Paula Reiss, MSN, RN, CEN
- Jessica Ann Trivett, MSN, RN, CEN, PCCN, EMT