Eligible applicants include emergency nurses pursuing a doctoral degree (PhD or DNP).
- Applicants must be a current member of ENA in good standing
- A minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Applicants must be attending a NLN, AACN or CCNE accredited institution and must provide verification of the institution's current accreditation
- Applicants must include a Statement of Intent to enter an emergency nursing career
- Two letters of recommendation; one of which must be from a current ENA member in good standing
- Applicants who are more than six (6) months beyond the completion of all formal coursework and comprehensive examinations are ineligible to apply for this scholarship
- Applicants who have received ENA Foundation scholarship support for other educational levels in the past are eligible to apply again at the doctoral level. Previous doctoral scholarship recipients are also eligible to reapply in the doctoral category.
- ENA members having served in the immediate past three (3) years on the ENA Board of Directors, ENA Foundation Board of Trustees or ENA Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee are ineligible to apply
- The current members of the ENA Board of Directors, ENA Foundation Board of Trustees, ENA Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee as well as individuals that have served in such positions in the immediate past three (3) years and the spouses and children* of all such individuals are ineligible to apply
*For the purposes of eligibility, "children" are defined as natural, legally adopted, stepchildren or grandchildren.
Doctoral Scholarships Available: ENA Foundation Pamela Stinson Kidd Doctoral Scholarship, ENA Foundation Endowed Doctoral Scholarship, ENA Foundation State Challenge Doctoral Scholarship, ENA Foundation Member-Supported Doctoral Scholarship, BCEN Doctoral Scholarship, Richard Wynkoop Memorial Endowed Scholarship (for active military or veterans).