External Research Opportunities
The mission of the ENA Department of Emergency Nursing Research is to conduct and facilitate research and research activities for ENA and its members to support evidence-based practices for emergency nursing and emergency care. To further thoes efforts, ENA is pleased to share the following opportunities for emergency nurses to conduct and participate in research external to ENA’s initiatives.
Current Research Participation Opportunities: General and COVID19-related
These research opportunities have been reviewed and approved by the ENA Department of Emergency Nursing as being applicable to current emergency nursing practice. Please note that the studies listed are not sponsored or endorsed by ENA. Questions, concerns, or comments about any individual study should be directed to the study’s principal investigator.
Requirements for Posting Study Links
- You must be an ENA Member. Join Now!
The ENA Department of Emergency Nursing Research must approve the study before the link can be posted.All study-related materials must be submitted to ENR@ena.org for approval. The subject line of the email should read “External Research Request”.The following information and materials MUST be submitted to ENA:
- COVID-19 research: PIs can ask to have this requirement waived.
Study cover letter information should be built into the survey in the first screen participants see, when possible.Approvals are generally completed within one calendar week. An email will be sent to you confirming your approval once your link has been posted to the ENA web site.All study links posted to this page are listed in alphabetical order by study title. No other study information will be listed on the ENA web site.Marketing research studies are not eligible for posting to this site.
- Start and end dates for the link to be posted. Unless stated otherwise, a) the start date will be within one calendar week after approval has been granted, and b) the end date will be no greater than three months from the start date.
- All surveys that will be used in the study.
- The full research proposal that includes a description of how asubject confidentiality will be maintained.
- The study cover letter.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval letter.
- The consent form (if applicable).
- The link(s) to the study.
Questions? Contact ENR@ena.org
Dissemination of Study Findings
All researchers are encouraged to submit their findings for publication in the Journal of Emergency Nursing and as a proposal for a presentation at ENA's annual conference.
The ENA Foundation is excited to offer research grant opportunities, a research fellowship program, and scholarships to advance the specialized practice of emergency nursing. For more information, visit www.enafoundation.org.