External Research Opportunities
The mission of the ENA Institute for Emergency Nursing Research (IENR) is to conduct and facilitate research and research activities for ENA and its members to support evidence-based practices for emergency nursing and emergency care. Hence, the IENR is pleased to further facilitate research by providing opportunities for emergency nurses to conduct and participate in research external to ENA’s initiatives.
Current Research Participation Opportunities
The research opportunities provided here have been reviewed and approved by the IENR as being applicable to current emergency nursing practice. Please note that the studies listed are not sponsored or endorsed by ENA. Questions, concerns, or comments about any individual study should be directed to that study’s principal investigator.
An Investigation of the Relationships Between and Among Perceived Disaster Preparedness, Perceived Intuition, and Triage Decision Making of Emergency Department Registered Nurses in Acute Care Hospitals Using Benner's Novice to Expert Theory
Reflections and Perceptions on Education
- You must be an ENA Member. Join Now!
- The ENA Institute for Emergency Nursing Research must approve the study before the link can be posted.
- All study-related materials must be submitted to IENR@ena.org for approval. The subject line of the email should read as “External Research Request”.
- The following information and materials MUST be submitted to ENA:
- Start and end dates for the link to be posted. Unless stated otherwise, a) the start date will be within one calendar week after approval has been granted, and b) the end date will be no greater than three months from the start date.
- All surveys that will be used in the study.
- The full research proposal that including a description of how subjects’ confidentiality will be maintained.
- The study cover letter.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval letter.
- The consent form (if applicable).
- The link(s) to the study.
- Approvals are generally completed within one calendar week. An email will be sent to you confirming your approval once your link has been posted to the ENA Web site.
- All study links are posted to this page and are listed in alphabetical order by study title. No other study information will be listed on the ENA Web site.
Questions? Contact IENR at IENR@ena.org or (847) 460-4119.
Publication of Study Findings
All researchers are encouraged to publish their findings in the Journal of Emergency Nursing.
The ENA Foundation is excited to offer research grant opportunities and scholarships to advance the specialized practice of emergency nursing. For more information, visit www.enafoundation.org.