The Lantern Award is a recognition award given to emergency departments that exemplify exceptional practice and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy and research. The award is a visible symbol of an emergency department’s commitment to quality, presence of a healthy work environment and accomplishment in incorporating evidence-based practice and innovation into emergency care. All emergency departments are welcome to apply for the Lantern Award.
Lantern Award Recipients
Click here to view the list of Lantern Award recipients.
The 2014 Lantern Application cycle is now closed. If you submitted an application:
- All applications are reviewed for completeness by ENA staff and assigned to the Lantern Award Review Committee as soon as the February 26 deadline passes. This process could take the entire month of March.
- The Committee has until May 30 to review all of their assigned applications.
- All applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding the Committee's decisions by mid-June.
- The 2014 awards will be presented at ENA's Annual Conference in October, 2014 in Indianapolis, IN.
Applications for 2015 will be posted in mid-October, 2014.
If you have any questions, please contact LanternAward@ena.org .
Supporting Materials for 2014 application cycle
The documents listed below provide information to guide you through the application process. You may find it beneficial and informative to review all of the documents before beginning the online application. Be aware that these documents may be updated before the launch of the next cycle.
- Coaching Guide – A guide to help you identify how best to demonstrate your emergency department’s achievements in the application
- Executive Summary – A summary description of the Lantern Award program that can be used to present the opportunity to senior leadership
- FAQs – A list of answers to common questions about the Lantern Award program
- Handbook – A detailed document that describes the Lantern Award program and application process
- Literature – A list of selected references of articles that provide information on the core content areas in the Lantern Award application
Click here for details regarding payment options. Application fees must be received by ENA no later than 14 days following the submission deadline.
If you have questions about the Lantern Award program, please e-mail LanternAward@ena.org.
Development of the Lantern Award program criteria funded in part by Stryker, an ENA strategic sponsor.