The Lantern Award is a recognition award given to emergency departments that exemplify exceptional practice and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy and research. The award is a visible symbol of an emergency department’s commitment to quality, presence of a healthy work environment and accomplishment in incorporating evidence-based practice and innovation into emergency care. All emergency departments are welcome to apply for the Lantern Award.
Congratulations to the 2016-2019 Lantern Award recipients! These recipients will be honored at the ENA Awards Gala Saturday, September 17 in Los Angeles during Emergency Nursing 2016.
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital Emergency Department/Advocate Health Care (Barrington, IL)
- Bethesda North Hospital Emergency Department/TriHealth (Cincinnati, OH)
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta – Scottish Rite Emergency Department (Atlanta, GA)
- Cleveland Clinic, Akron General Emergency Department (Akron, OH)
- Flower Mound Emergency Center, HCA – Medical Center of Lewisville (Flower Mound, TX)
- Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital Emergency Medicine and Trauma Center (Indianapolis, IN)
- Inova Loudoun Hospital Children’s Emergency Department (Leesburg, VA)
- Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital Emergency Department/Cone Health (Greensboro, NC)
- Seattle Children’s Hospital Emergency Department (Seattle, WA)
- St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center Emergency Department/St. Joseph's Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ)
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Emergency Department (Iowa City, IA)
The documents listed below provide information to guide you through the application process. You may find it beneficial and informative to review all of the documents before beginning the online application. Be aware that these documents may be updated before the launch of the next cycle.
- Application Questions – (For reference only) A complete list of the Lantern Award application questions
- Coaching Guide – A guide to help you identify how best to demonstrate your emergency department’s achievements in the application
- Executive Summary – A summary description of the Lantern Award program that can be used to present the opportunity to senior leadership
- FAQs – A list of answers to common questions about the Lantern Award program
- Glossary of Terms – Definitions of terms found in the Lantern Award application
- Handbook – A detailed document that describes the Lantern Award program and application process
- Literature – A list of selected references of articles that provide information on the core content areas in the Lantern Award application
Click here for details regarding payment options. Application fees must be received by ENA no later than 14 days following the submission deadline.
If you have questions about the Lantern Award program, please e-mail LanternAward@ena.org.
Development of the Lantern Award program criteria funded in part by Stryker, an ENA strategic sponsor.