Academy of Emergency Nursing Welcomes Eleven Inductees to Class of 2021
August 3, 2021 • Academy of Emergency Nursing Awards
On Tuesday, the Emergency Nurses Association announced the Academy of Emergency Nursing will induct 10 ENA members and one honorary inductee as part of its Class of 2021.
The Academy of Emergency Nursing honors emergency nurses who continue to advance the profession
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. (August 3, 2021) – On Tuesday, the Emergency Nurses Association announced the Academy of Emergency Nursing will induct 10 ENA members and one honorary inductee as part of its Class of 2021.
Created in 2004, the Academy of Emergency Nursing was developed to recognize emergency nurses who have advanced the profession and provided leadership to ENA. AEN has inducted more than 170 emergency nurses whose body of work goes beyond being an outstanding nurse and devoted ENA member.
The 2021 Class of Academy of Emergency Nursing Fellows are:
- Wesley Davis, DNP, APRN, CEN – Wyoming
- Margaret Dymond, BSN, RN, DCS, ENC(C) – Alberta, Canada
- Michael Frakes, MS, APRN, CEN, FACHE – Massachusetts
- David House, DNP, RN, CEN – Alabama
- Deb Jeffries, MSN-Ed., RN, CEN, CPEN, TCRN – Arizona
- David McDonald, MSN, RN, APN, CEN, TCRN, CCNS – North Carolina
- Brittany Punches, PhD, RN, CEN – Ohio
- Deborah Spann, MSN, RN, CEN – Louisiana
- Lisa Tenney, BSN, RN, CEN, CPHRM – Maryland
- Joni Hentzen Daniels (Posthumous), MS, RN, CNS, CEN, CCRN – Texas
- Carolyn Jones (Honorary) – New York
“Becoming a Fellow in the Academy of Emergency Nursing is a truly great honor for an emergency nurse,” said ENA President Ron Kraus, MSN, RN, EMT, CEN, ACNS-BC, TCRN. "This class of inductees has done an incredible job of elevating the profession, the association, and most importantly, themselves.”
The Class of 2021 Fellows will be formally recognized during Emergency Nursing 2021 – ENA’s annual conference – in both its Hall of Honor and a special AEN reception. The Hall of Honor annually acknowledges ENA members who have received a special award or accolade through the association.
Each year, the AEN Induction is a ceremony that highlights the incredible work the inductees have achieved thus far in their careers and officially welcomes them to the prestigious ranks of their peers in the Academy of Emergency Nursing. This year’s induction ceremony will be hosted by Academy of Emergency Nursing Chairperson Garrett Chann, PhD, APRN, CNS, CEN, FAAN, FAEN.