Jennifer Schmitz Elected Emergency Nurses Association 2021 President-Elect
September 11, 2020
ENA members also chose Secretary/Treasurer, board of directors and election committee
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. (Sept. 11, 2020) – Voting members of the Emergency Nurses Association selected Jennifer Schmitz, MSN, EMT-P, CEN, CPEN, CNML, FNP-C, NE-BC, as the association’s
Schmitz, of Cape Elizabeth, Maine, has deep roots in emergency health care that stem from becoming an EMT at the age of 16. Today, with 20 years of emergency nursing experience, she is the Interim Chief Nursing Officer for Southern Maine Health Care.
Schmitz is currently in the final year of her three-year term on the ENA Board of Directors.
“Being elected into the president-elect position is one of the greatest honors of my career thus far. I am grateful to have been selected by the members to lead the organization as we continue to advance emergency nursing. I am looking forward to our future and what we will accomplish together,” said Schmitz.
Following her year as president-elect, Schmitz will serve as ENA president in 2022.
Voters in the 2020 ENA National Election also made their selections for a new secretary/treasurer, and to fill seats on the ENA board and Nominations and Elections Committee.
- Terry Foster, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, CCRN, TCRN, FAEN, of Kentucky
Board of Directors:
- Steven Jewell, BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, of Texas
- Dustin Bass, MHA, BSN, RN, CEN, NE-BC, of Nevada
- Cheryl Randolph, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, CCRN, FNP-BC, TCRN, FAEN, of California
Additionally, voters selected three members for the Nominations and Elections Committee.
- Region 1 – Tami Wheeldon, BSN, RN, CEN, of Washington
- Region 3 – Benjamin Coe, PhD, RN, CEN, CPEN, NHDP-BC, NREMT-P, PCCN, TCRN, of Missouri
- Region 5 – Dawn MacMullen, RN, CEN, of New York