Ron Kraus Voted Emergency Nurses Association 2020 President-Elect
October 2, 2019
Secretary/treasurer, board members and Nominations and Elections Committee also elected
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. (Oct. 2, 2019) – Members of the Emergency Nurses Association voting in the ENA National Election selected Ron Kraus, MSN, RN, EMT, CEN, ANCS-BC, as 2020 President-elect.
Hailing from Fishers, Indiana, Kraus has been an emergency nurse and ENA member for 23 years and is currently a Clinical Nurse Specialist at the Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital. He has served the association in different leadership roles since 2007 and most recently served as the 2019 secretary/treasurer for the ENA Board of Directors.
“I was excited, humbled and honored when I heard the announcement,” Kraus said. “I’m joining an elite club and I hope I can live up to standards to push ENA even further into the future and more of a world leader. I’m looking forward to being able to lead such a great group of people. Everybody in ENA is so passionate and to help lead them and remove obstacles, so they can be very successful is what I’m looking forward to.”
Members also voted to elect a new secretary/treasurer, and to fill seats on the ENA Board of Directors and Nominations and Elections Committee.
- Karla Nygren, MSN, MBA, RN, CEN, CFRN, CPEN, TCRN, CCRN, CPN, of South Dakota
Board of Directors:
- Ryan Oglesby, PhD, MHA, RN, CEN, CFRN, NEA-BC, of Florida
- Chris Dellinger, MBA, BSN, RN, FAEN, of West Virginia
Additionally, voters selected four members for the Nominations and Elections Committee.
- Region 2 – Julie Miller, BSN, RN, CEN, of Kansas
- Region 4 – Gina Slobogin, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, NHDP-BC, CEN, PHRN, of Pennsylvania
- Region 6 –Barbara Gibson, BSN, RN, CEN, of Tennessee
- ENA Past Board Member Candidate – Matthew F. Powers, MS, BSN, RN, MICP, CEN, FAEN, of California