Mike Hastings Voted Emergency Nurses Association 2019 President-Elect
October 1, 2018
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. (Oct. 1, 2018) Emergency Nurses Association members voting in the ENA National Election selected Michael Hastings, MSN, RN, CEN, as the organization’s 2019 President-elect.
Hastings, of Lynnwood, Washington, most recently served as secretary/treasurer for the ENA Board of Directors. An ENA member and an emergency nurse for the last 14 years, Hastings has served the association in different leadership roles since 2012. He currently works as the clinical manager at Swedish Edmonds Emergency Department and Short Stay Unit in Edmonds, Washington.
“I’m incredibly honored that the members have given me this opportunity to represent them as the leader of our organization. I’m thankful for everyone’s support,” said Hastings, who will serve as ENA president during the association’s 50th anniversary year in 2020.
In addition to the future president, members voted throughout September to choose a new secretary/treasurer and fill four seats on the ENA Board of Directors. The results featured the historic selection of Joop Breuer as the first international member to sit on the board.
- Ron Kraus, MSN, RN, EMT-B, CEN, ACNS-BC, of Indiana
Board of Directors:
- Terry Foster, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, CCRN, TCRN, FAEN, of Kentucky
- Kristen Cline, BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, CFRN, CTRN, TCRN, of South Dakota
- Joop Breuer, RN, CEN, CCRN, FAEN, of The Netherlands
- Ryan Oglesby, PhD, MHA, RN, CEN, CFRN, NEA-BC, of Florida
Additionally, voters selected three members for the Nominations and Elections Committee.
- Region 1 – David Samuelson, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, CTRN, CCRN, of California
- Region 3 – Nicholas Nelson, MS, RN, CEN, CPEN, CTRN, CCRN, NRP, TCRN, of Illinois
- Region 5 – Marge Letitia, BSN, RN, EMT-P, CEN, of Connecticut