Ten Emergency Nurses Inducted into Academy of Emergency Nursing
September 28, 2018 • Academy of Emergency Nursing AEN AEN Inductees Emergency Nurses Association ENA
Since 2004, the Academy has honored 158 nurses for their professional contributions
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. (Sept. 28, 2018) – With countless contributions to, and accomplishments in, the emergency nursing profession, 10 nurses from six states and England have been named Fellows to the Academy of Emergency Nursing.
The Emergency Nurses Association created the Academy in 2004 to prominently recognize members for their enduring and substantial contributions to emergency nursing throughout their careers. Additionally, inductees are honored as leaders in the ongoing effort to advance the profession and ENA. A total of 158 Fellows have been inducted into the Academy since its inception.
“AEN stands for Academy of Emergency Nursing, but, to me, it also stands for amazing emergency nurses,” ENA President Jeff Solheim, MSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, CFRN, FAEN, FAAN, said. “This year’s class of inductees exemplify what ENA and its mission are all about. These are the people who have made enduring and sustainable contributions to the profession of emergency nursing.”
The 2018 AEN inductees are:
- Barbra Bachmeier, JD, MSN, APRN, NP-C – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Mary Jo Cerepani, DNP, RN, FNP-BC, CEN, FAANP – Kennedy Township, Pennsylvania
- Eric Christensen, BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN – Littleton, Colorado
- Sharon Saunderson Coffey, DNP, RN, FNP-C, ACNS-BC, CEN, CCRN, CHEP – Madison, Alabama
- Alison Day, PhD, MSc, RN, PGCE – Warwick, England
- Pamela Fox, BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN – Beltsville, Maryland
- Elizabeth Mizerek, MSN, RN, FN-CSA, CEN, CPEN, CNE – New Egypt, New Jersey
- Patricia Normandin, DNP, RN, CEN, CPN, CPEN – Chelmsford, Massachusetts
- Paula Reiss, MSN, RN, CEN – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Jessica Ann Trivett, MSN, RN, CEN, PCCN, EMT – North Middletown, New Jersey
The AEN Fellows were inducted during a Friday ceremony in Pittsburgh at Emergency Nursing 2018, ENA’s annual education and networking conference.