Since 2004, AEN has honored emergency nurses who have made enduring, substantial contributions to emergency nursing; advanced the profession of emergency nursing, including the healthcare system in which emergency nursing is delivered; and provided visionary leadership to ENA and AEN.
The candidates for induction are admitted to AEN as Fellows, recognizing they have made significant contributions to emergency nursing that go above and beyond being an outstanding nurse and a devoted ENA member. Fellows are entitled to use the FAEN designation following their name.
"AEN Fellows have significantly advanced the emergency nursing profession on the local, state, regional, national or international level in the areas of education, practice, research, leadership or public policy," said ENA President Kathleen E. Carlson, MSN, RN, CEN, FAEN, a 2009 AEN inductee. “I congratulate my soon-to-be Fellows and look forward to celebrating their achievements at Emergency Nursing 2016 in September.”
The 2016 AEN inductees are:
- Andrew J. Bowman, MSN, RN, ACNP-BC, ACNP-C, CEN, CPEN, CTRN, CFRN, TCRN, CCRN-CMC, CVRN-I-BC, NREMTP, Lebanon, Indiana
- Brenda Braun, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, Ocean City, New Jersey
- Carla Brim, MN, PHCNS-BC, CEN, Spokane, Washington
- Jeannie Burnie, MS, APRN, AGCNS-BC, CEN, Lebanon, Ohio
- Jennifer Denno, MSN, RN, CEN, Orangevale, California
- Diane Fuller Switzer, FNP-BC, ENP-BC, CCRN, CEN, Bellevue, Washington
- Rose Lawrence Johnson, RN, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Dawn McKeown, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, TCRN, Bossier City, Louisiana
- Cheryl Randolph, MSN, RN, CCRN, CEN, CPEN, TCRN, FNP-BC, Petaluma, California
- Cheryl Lynn Riwitis, MSN, RN, FNP-BC, CEN, CFRN, TCRN, Muncie, Indiana
- Christine Russe, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, Lewisville, Texas
- Cindy Tryniszewski, MSN, RN, Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
- Jackie Taylor Wynkoop MSN, RN, PHRN, Levittown, Pennsylvania
- Kathleen Evanovich Zavotsky, PhD, RN, CCRN, CEN, ACNS-BC, East Brunswick, New Jersey
To date, 132 extraordinary emergency nurses have been inducted into the AEN.
The candidates will be inducted at the Emergency Nursing 2016 Awards Gala on Saturday, Sept. 17, in Los Angeles.