Call for 2012 ENA State Council and Chapter Innovation Grants
Dear State Council and Chapter Officers:
We are excited to announce the first Innovation Grant program for ENA’s state councils and chapters. The Board of Directors has approved a fund of $50,000 to encourage new ideas and programs. Deadline to apply is September 30, 2012.
- Funds may be used for a program, application of technology, marketing, communications, advocacy, wellness, or member recruitment. The activity must be new to the council(s) or chapter(s), and originality will enhance the proposal’s chances.
- Collaboration, whether within a state or in a region, is strongly encouraged, and will be beneficial in the evaluation of an application.
How to Apply
- In the spirit of innovation, there is no prescribed form to complete. Grant proposals should be sent electronically in either an Adobe Portable Document Format (pdf) or Microsoft Word file.
- The expected benefit must be thoroughly described, both in qualitative (i.e., narrative) and quantitative (i.e., budget) terms. Grants will be awarded based on the alignment between the mission, strategic plan, goals, activities, budget, and sustainability.
- Application to include:
- Name of council(s) or chapter(s)
- Summary of proposal, in 100 words or less. This summary may be used to announce awards on ENA’s Web site and in ENA Connection.
- Detailed proposal, to include:
- Specific activities
- Expected outcomes and methods to be employed measuring those outcomes
- Names and curricula vitae of individuals providing services
- Line-item budget
- Project timeline
- Applications must be sent via e-mail to ComponentRelations@ena.org, no later than September 30, 2012.
- Awards will be announced and distributed by October 31, 2012.
- Successful recipients must prepare a written report, suitable for publication, after completion of their project.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.