Inviting You to Advocate for Emergency Nursing
on Capitol Hill
The Westin Crystal City
May 10-11, 2016
Registration for Day on the Hill is now open through May 2, 2106. Space is limited so please contact your State Council President or Government Affairs Chairperson to register for this event.
Day on the Hill is your chance to tell your elected officials your story about the critical, life-altering issues you face every day.
Don’t believe your voice makes a difference? Thirty-six days after our nurses advocated for mental health at Day on the Hill 2015, a comprehensive, bipartisan bill was introduced in the House. Your voices were heard. They helped give the bill life.
No experience in government advocacy? No problem. We provide training!
The two-day event features:
- A training session with a congressional messaging expert on how to most effectively message ENA’s legislative requests
- Specific information about ENA’s congressional requests so ENA members can speak knowledgeably about these issues
- An opportunity to meet with congressional leaders on Capitol Hill to discuss how they can positively influence the future of emergency nursing
- A Tuesday evening educational/networking event, an ENA public board meeting, and Town Hall
Day on the Hill 2016 Agenda
Monday, May 9, 2016
- 4:00 - 7:00 pm Attendee Check-In
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
- 7:30 am - 1:00 pm Attendee Check-In
- 8:00 - 11:00 am ENA Board of Directors Meeting and Town Hall Meeting
- 1:00 - 5:00 pm Advocacy Training and Briefings
- 6:30 - 8:00 pm Evening Educational/Networking Event
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Congressional Meetings on Capitol Hill
Hotel and Travel
Click here for hotel and travel information.
This event was extremely popular last year – 112 members attended and 90% said they’ll be back – so register today.