||Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course 4th edition |
Dear ENPC Course Directors and Instructors:
We are pleased to launch the Instructor Rollout of the Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course 4th edition beginning on Monday, August 27, 2012. This letter outlines the components of the course and how to access the rollout material.
To complete rollout you will need to:
- Read and study the Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course Provider Manual 4th edition (available through Course Operations)
- Watch four online modules available through ENA’s Center for e-Learning: What’s New with ENPC and the three new lectures for the 4th edition: The Adolescent, Environmental Emergencies, and Disaster
- Complete the ENPC exam online
Seven videos are also available for your review and reference:
- Provider Course: To be shown during the course
- Introduction to the Management of the Ill or Injured Pediatric Patient Skill Station
- Demonstration of the Management of the Ill or Injured Pediatric Patient Skill Station
- Provider Course: For instructors only
- Overview of the Pediatric Clinical Considerations Skill Station
- Pediatric Clinical Considerations Child with Special Health Care Needs
- Pediatric Clinical Considerations Subcutaneous Rehydration
- Instructor Course: To be shown during the course
- Management of the Ill or Injured Pediatric Patient Skill Station Video 1
- Management of the Ill or Injured Pediatric Patient Skill Station Video 2
- We highly suggest viewing these videos prior to teaching your first 4th edition course as they outline many of the changes in this edition. However, these are not required as part of rollout to be verified as a 4th edition instructor.
To access the online material for Rollout:
- A link to the course will be e-mailed out to current 3rd edition ENPC Instructors and Course Directors on August 27, 2012.
- Once you click on the link, you will be prompted to login.
- Returning User: If you already have an ENA profile/account on ENA’s Center for e-Learning, simply login. If you’re an ENA member, your password should be your ENA member ID. If you have forgotten your password click on the “forgot your password?” link from the login screen.
- New User: Click on “Need to create an account? Click Here.” You will be prompted to create a new user account. Use the email address this email was sent to. (If you only received this via snail mail, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email)
- After you have logged in, you will be prompted to add the course to your shopping cart; you will not be charged. Submit your order and then click on “Go to Personal Learning Page.”
- Should you logout and return, you may access the course from the ENA website. From the home page, go to the Courses & Education tab, and select “Go to Personal Learning Page” from the dropdown menu.
- To open the course, click the plus sign next to the name of the course to view all individual modules. You may view the modules in any order. You must open each module, click on Assessment and answer the question to verify you have completed it. The “Final Assessment” will not appear without doing this for each module.
- You may log out of the rollout course and return to it as often as you need to prior to starting the test.
- When you are ready to take the test, click on “Final Assessment.”
Please note: As with the Provider course, successful completion of the test will be 80% correct. The test will be timed, and to accommodate this new learning mode we have given you a 2-hour time limit to complete the test. Once you begin the test you will not be able to restart it, so please plan to take the test at a time when you will be able to complete the entire exam. You will have the opportunity to review and change answers until you click on the “Finalize” button at the end of the test.
- If you are unsuccessful, you have one opportunity to retest through the Center for e-Learning. This will be a different test from the first exam. You do not need to immediately start the retest option. We suggest you review the questions you answered incorrectly provided at the end of the assessment and return to the Provider Manual and online modules prior to taking the retest.
- The retest will be available through the “Final Assessment” option in the Rollout course as with the first exam.
Three (3.0) Contact hours will be awarded for the rollout material. Bring the certificate noting that you have completed the Instructor Rollout to your course director before teaching your first 4th edition ENPC class.
If you have any questions, please contact ENA Educational Services at 847-460-4123.
Director, Member and Course Services
Nursing Education Editor