SHEEHY’S EMERGENCY NURSING, 7TH EDITION – EDITOR APPLICATION
ENA is seeking experienced emergency nurse editors for the upcoming revision of Sheehy’s Emergency Nursing Principles and Practice 7th edition. The current edition of this textbook was published in 2010 in partnership with Elsevier Publishing, and plans are underway to update all content, references, and resources within the book. The target date for final publication of this updated textbook is July, 2019.
Content submitted for the Sheehy’s Emergency Nursing Principles and Practice 7th edition becomes the property of the publisher and is subject to further editing. Selected editors are expected to meet the deadlines associated with this commitment as the project is timeline-driven, and delays can impact the publication date. Please consider your personal and professional obligations and time commitments prior to submitting the application.
To be considered for this position, the applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- Graduate Nursing Degree - Master’s Degree in nursing, education, or related field required; Doctoral Degree preferred
- Certification in at least one emergency nursing specialty: CEN, CPEN, CFRN, CTRN, TCRN
- Active ENA membership
- Previous experience as an editor for nursing content
- Previous documented professional writing experience
- Previous nursing education or faculty experience preferred
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft programs
All interested individuals must complete and submit an online application.
Deadline for submission is: May 30, 2017
Please be prepared to complete the application completely before beginning as you will not be able to exit and resume. Be prepared to upload your CV/Resume.