SHEEHY’S EMERGENCY NURSING, 7TH EDITION – AUTHOR APPLICATION
ENA is seeking experienced emergency nurse authors for the upcoming revision of Sheehy’s Emergency Nursing Principles and Practice 7th edition. The current edition of this textbook was published in 2010, in partnership with Elsevier Publishing, and plans are underway to update all content, references, and resources within the book. The target date for final publication of this updated textbook is July, 2019.
Content submitted for the Sheehy’s Emergency Nursing Principles and Practice 7th edition becomes the property of the publisher and is subject to editing.
All applicants are expected to meet the deadlines associated with this commitment as this is a deadline-driven project. Please consider your personal and professional obligations and time commitments prior to submitting the application, as any delays in your submission can impact the publication date of this revision.
To be considered for this position, the applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- Graduate Nursing Degree - Master’s Degree in nursing, education, or other related field required; Doctoral Degree preferred
- Certification in at least one emergency nursing specialty: CEN, CPEN, CFRN, CTRN, TCRN
- Active ENA membership
- Previous documented professional writing experience
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft programs
- Submission of writing sample
- Submission of a writing sample uploaded in the application
- Approximately 250-300 words and must include references
- Primary sources are preferred
- Begin the writing sample with the following statement:
- One of the greatest challenges faced by the emergency department nurse is…
All interested individuals must complete and submit an online application.
Deadline for submission is: May 30, 2017
Please be prepared to complete the application completely before beginning as you will not be able to exit and resume.
Be prepared to upload your CV/Resume.