Applications for the 2014-2015 Academy of Emergency Nursing EMINENCE Mentoring Program are being accepted now through Wednesday, April 30.
Notification of acceptance into the program will occur the week of June 2.
The EMINENCE Program is designed to facilitate mentoring relationships between a limited number of active ENA members and Academy Fellows. During a structured mentorship of up to one year, experienced emergency nurses looking for professional growth opportunities will be matched with Fellows who have similar interests and appropriate experiences.
This program is not intended for new manager development or projects to meet academic requirements, nor is it intended to assist in the application process for acceptance into the Academy.
Mentees must apply for the program with a specific project in mind. Typical projects include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
| *Advanced practice role development
||*Professional presentations |
| *Educational conference planning
|| *Program development|
| *Grant writing
| *Health policy
|| *Writing for publication|
| *Injury Prevention (SBIRT procedure)
- MENTEES are required to attend a two-hour orientation session at ENA’s Annual Conference in to Indianapolis, Indiana on Friday, October 10, 2014 from 9:15-11:15 a.m. Please do not apply if you cannot attend this meeting.
- MENTORS who have not previously attended the orientation session are also required to attend the two-hour session.
- MENTORS who have previously attended the orientation session are required to only attend the latter part of the session to meet one-on-one with your mentee.
- A five to ten hour per month time commitment to your project is recommended.
- Online quarterly progress reports as well as an end-of-experience evaluation are required. A “Certificate of Participation” will be provided to those who submitted all required reports.
- Many Mentor-Mentee interactions will take place electronically.
- All participants must have internet access and an e-mail account.
- Expenses to attend the orientation session and for all other mentoring interactions are borne by the individual Mentors and Mentees.
Ms. Maureen Curtis Cooper, BSN, RN, CEN, FAEN, Chairperson
Ms. Nancy Bonalumi, MS, RN, CEN, FAEN, Chairperson-elect
Dr. Gordon Gillespie, PhD, RN, CEN, CPEN, PHCNS-BC, FAEN
Dr. Renee Holleran, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, CCRN, CEN, CFRN, CTRN, FAEN
Dr. Kathleen Flarity, DNP, PhD, CEN, CFRN, FAEN, Immediate Past Chairperson
Download Mentor Application – Academy Fellows Only
Download Mentee Application – ENA Members Only