The Lantern Award is a recognition award given to emergency departments that exemplify exceptional practice and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy and research. The award is a visible symbol of an emergency department’s commitment to quality, presence of a healthy work environment and accomplishment in incorporating evidence-based practice and innovation into emergency care. Click here to view the list of Lantern Award recipients. All emergency departments are welcome to apply for the Lantern Award.
Applying for the Award
The current application cycle is closed. Lantern Awards will be presented at the 2012 ENA Annual Conference in San Diego, CA. To be considered for the next cycle of Lantern Awards, applicants must complete the online Lantern Award application in full and provide the documentation requested in the application. Check back for updated information, materials and submission deadline for the next cycle of the Lantern Award program.
The documents listed below provide information related to the Lantern Award program. Additional supporting documents, including the Lantern Handbook and Application Questions, will be updated and posted this Fall.
- Application Questions – Coming Soon
- Coaching Guide – A guide to help you identify how best to demonstrate your emergency department’s achievements in the application
- Executive Summary – Coming Soon
- FAQs – A list of answers to common questions about the Lantern Award program
- Glossary of Terms – Definitions of terms found in the Lantern Award application
- Handbook – Coming Soon
- Literature – A list of selected references of articles that provide information on the core content areas in the Lantern Award application
If you have questions about the Lantern Award program, please e-mail LanternAward@ena.org.
Development of the Lantern Award program criteria funded in part by Stryker, an ENA strategic sponsor.