Challenge Your Colleagues to Excel in Their Profession
Join the Faculty for Leadership Conference 2014
Phoenix, Arizona will be host to Leadership Conference 2014, March 5 – 9, 2014. The selection process is about to begin and individuals interested in joining the faculty are encouraged to submit course proposals before the extended deadline – Monday, April 8, 2013. Faculty chosen to present will receive conference registration, airfare, and a reimbursement of hotel and per diem expenses in accordance with ENA policies.
Share your knowledge and experience on topics dealing with management, operations, government affairs, technology, team building, research, education, advance practice, and personal and professional development. Leadership Conference attracts international attendance, including advanced practice nurses, trauma coordinators, managers, administrators, medical directors, clinical specialists, prehospital coordinators, and educators.
A variety of learning formats are presented at Leadership Conference:
- Standard Concurrent: 75 minutes.
- Hand-Off (a combination of two related topics 30-35 minutes in length) Accepted proposals for this type will be paired with a session of a related nature to create an entire Hand-Off session. These shortened sessions allow the faculty to provide a factual, rapid paced presentation that provides the attendee with the latest, need to know, cutting edge information.
- Jam Session: Instructor-led, open forum sessions to encourage expanded interactivity among attendees and instructors. Faculty must provide a base presentation of ideas and indicate a strong speaking experience and topic expertise to facilitate a deep and thoughtful attendee discussion and exchange of ideas.
- Deep Dive Sessions: In depth exploration of topics extended from the traditional 75 minutes to 165 minutes.
- Presessions: Interactive in-depth content presentations are also requested. These sessions should be 3-8 hours in length.
Faculty are encouraged to present two separate topics or be prepared to repeat their lecture(s). Courses requiring multiple faculty are discouraged unless a convincing need can be demonstrated in the proposal. Faculty submitting proposals for Hand-Off Sessions must reflect the brevity of the session in their outline. These sessions should differ in scope from traditional concurrent presentations. If you know of another faculty who is submitting a proposal to be paired with your session, please indicate on your proposal.
Submitting a course proposal does not guarantee acceptance. Course proposals are peer-reviewed based on clarity of the course description, objectives, and content outline, creativity of proposed presentation, its significance to emergency nursing, and the speaker’s presentation skills and history. Incomplete proposals will not be accepted. Formal notification of selection will occur approximately 90 days after submission deadline date.
Please contact ENA Educational Services Department at LeadershipConference@ena.org or by calling 800/900-9659 ext. 4117 if you have any questions regarding the submission process. Proposals must be electronically submitted to LeadershipConference@ena.org by the extended submission deadline of Monday, April 8, 2013.
Click here to download the submission form.
NOTE: If you receive a pop-up message when clicking the above link, please close the window and the submission form will open.