ENA's Vision Statement
ENA is indispensable to the global emergency nursing community.
ENA's Mission Statement
The mission of the Emergency Nurses Association is to advocate for patient safety and excellence in emergency nursing practice.
Code of Ethics
- The emergency nurse acts with compassion and respect for human dignity and the uniqueness of the individual.
- The emergency nurse maintains competence within, and accountability for, emergency nursing practice.
- The emergency nurse acts to protect the individual when health care and safety are threatened by incompetent, unethical or illegal practice.
- The emergency nurse exercises sound judgment in responsibility, delegating, and seeking consultation.
- The emergency nurse respects the individual's right to privacy and confidentiality.
- The emergency nurse works to improve public health and secure access to health care for all.