Des Plaines IL, August 7, 2013 -- The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) announced the 2013 inductees to the Academy of Emergency Nursing (AEN). The AEN fellowship is a prestigious honor recognizing emergency nurses for their significant contributions to quality patient care both in and out of the emergency department.
The Academy of Emergency Nursing was instituted on September 28, 2004, to honor nurses who have made substantial and enduring contributions to the field of emergency nursing; who advance the profession of emergency nursing, including the health care system in which emergency nursing is delivered; and who provide visionary leadership to the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA).
“Outstanding emergency nurses are honored and recognized each year, by inducting them into the Academy of Emergency Nursing,” JoAnn Lazarus, MSN, RN, CEN, 2013 President of the Emergency Nurses Association noted. “The Academy Fellows represent the highest quality of emergency nursing professional, and have provided visionary and ground breaking leadership in emergency nursing. They inspire us through their unparalleled dedication to their patients and colleagues.”
2013 Academy of Emergency Nursing inductees:
- Linda Arapian, MSN, RN, EMT-B, CEN, CPEN (Maryland)
- Susan Barnason, PhD, RN, APRN, CNS, CEN, FAHA, FAAN (Nebraska)
- Nancy Stephens Donatelli, MS, RN, CEN, NE-BC (Pennsylvania)
- Joyce Foresman-Capuzzi, MSN, RN, CCNS, EMT-P, CEN, CPEN, CPN, CTRN, CCRN, SANE-A, AFN-BC (Pennsylvania)
- Cathy Fox, RN, CEN, CPEN (Virginia)
- Lynne Gagnon, MS, BSN, RN, CPHQ, NEA-BC (Maine)
- Louise Hummel, MSN, RN, CNS, CEN (California)
- Elizabeth Nolan, MA, BSN, RN, CEN (Kentucky)
- Elda Ramirez, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, FAANP (Texas)
The candidates will be inducted as fellows on September 21 at the 2013 Emergency Nursing Association Annual Conference in Nashville, Tennessee.
About the Emergency Nurses Association:
ENA, which has more than 40,000 members worldwide, is the only professional nursing association dedicated to defining the future of emergency nursing and emergency care through advocacy, expertise, innovation and leadership. Founded in 1970, ENA develops and disseminates education and practice standards and guidelines, and affords consultation to both private and public entities regarding emergency nurses and their practice. Additional information is available at ENA's Web site, www.ena.org.